You cannot reply to this discussion unless you log in.

Hallo, I wonder what exactly you people do to get those colours you want to draw with. My usual approach is just to pick a colour from the wheel and then modify it with different layers of alpha white and alpha black as in the left (orange).

Colour mixing

(For a change of colour I add it in a circular shape (as in the right) and only have 4 different versions from alpha black/white then).

The up/down keys i do not find very useful (probably because its not easy with them to get less saturation). Sometimes also the predefined colours are nice - however it makes me a bit feel like maybe not chosing the optimal colour because too lazy to mix it right…

Some of you draw with awesome colours, what's your way to get them?

Stupiee:

Hey lunar ! I use the blur function quite a lot combined with the alpha and size . I found it easier to control the colours yet it's a bit time consuming since blurring sometimes gives a really light coverage compared to your method of picking colours :)

uneekL4evr:

i use the pre mixed colors to draw with. i pick one I like then I'll cover it with a low alpha of a different color i like. Sometimes I do this with several different colors especially when I draw skies. I guess this is kind of similar to what you do already.

KianaLeilaniART:

.Instead of using black to darken your colors, use your light source's compliment. This brings richness and saturation to your drawings. For example, if you are painting with a warm yellow-orange light source, use a cool dark blue-violet in place of the black above. You will be amazed at the difference it will make, I promise. Professional artists tend to stay away from using 'black' to darken their colors as it desaturates and dulls colors. Good luck!

Cheers,

Kiana Leilani Art Subscribe on YouTube

KianaLeilaniART:

enter image description here

"You can't give up hope just because it is hopeless! You gotta hope even more, and cover your ears, and go: "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!""
Fry
0 online
Chat