You cannot reply to this discussion unless you log in.

There's already been a lot of feedback about the design. If you post things here, they are more likely to be addressed.

Aya Mulder:

About 3h ago, I could see the "like" button for vote up drawing.. Now I can't o_o I like the new layout,,, Easier to see new drawings with slow connection xD

magicalhobo:

I took out the like button on the browse page to make it feel less cluttered, but it will be back. :)

Kassy:

Yay for bringing back the up vote to the browse page!!! :)

Joe HF:

Generally, not bad.

Things I like better

• The design of the game page is much better, tucking the top bar into the corner is much more efficient with screen space
  • The "also from this album" section on the bottom of drawing pages is pretty nice
  • I like the grid form of browse for "highest rated" (see below for my reservations on grid for "most recent")
  • Having direct links to broadcasts, inspiration etc in the top bar is good

Things I'm not so keen on

• Previously, on Browse, when sorted by most recent, I could just scan down the page seeing everything in order, in one simple dimension. Now, I have to scan the page in two dimensions. Also, the flexible sizes/aspect ratio means there's a little bit of mixing to the order. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but I preferred the previous system.
  • I'm also eagerly awaiting the return of the like button on browse :p
  • The organisation of "Recent Favorites" on profiles looks a bit of a mess
  • The Recent Drawings on profiles look at bit low-res and aliased, which is strange considering the vector nature of the works they represent
  • Although I like the addition of "also from this album", I'm not sure about relegating the album title solely to the bottom of the page. I liked it when it was with the inspiration and challenge titles.
  • I preferred having text buttons in the top bar to purely icons. Obviously, there's not enough room for there to be text on all the buttons now that there's so many options, so I suppose that's unavoidable.
  • Names are missing on the drawing pages; there's just the little picture and no name

Overall, a few improvements, a few things I'll get used to in time, and a few others that will no-doubt be tweaked with and improved.

Chihihihiro:

I like it in someways, but for me I preferred the last one because: 1. As Joe said the resolution on the pictures is not at it's peak. 2. I liked the previous layout on the browse page as it was easier to look at and the pictures were the same size so there was no need to have to click on them. Also, on the browse page, before you could just comment straight away but now you have to click on the drawing to comment I'll probably get used to it but, that's just my view on the new design

Chihihihiro:

Oh yes, almost forgot. I don't know what it is but I can't scroll out properly and if I use the scale tool my work vanishes then says Scale:NaN and after a while it says Failed to Send Error Report. :s

uneekL4evr:

Over all, I really like this new design. The fact that Broadcasting mode, Challenges, etc. are displayed on top is a major plus for me. I actually like the new Browse format. I no longer have to scroll down to see the larger pictures. The only thing is that you cannot see the comments when you are browse anymore. I enjoy reading people's commments but to constantly have to click on each picture individually can get a bit tedious. I know showing the comments would be a bit weird because now the drawings are all different shapes and sizes and it isn't the end of the world if the comments would not show. I'll just have to get used to it lol.

uneekL4evr:

Oh, and I also really like the line right below the chat icon that turns red or green depending on if you are connected or not. Just wished it was green more often lol. (sorry if the way I phrased that is a little unclear)

uneekL4evr:

Oh, and I also really like the line right below the chat icon that turns red or green depending on if you are connected or not. (sorry if the way I phrased that is a little unclear)

Lunar Eclipse:
  • Glyphicons dont work well everywhere (strangely there are issues on newest firefox with win7) - besides that I like these icons :)
  • PNG alpha support for avatar got worse with redesign (e.g. on top bar, still there for chat)
  • New game page layout is great. Also new chat layout avoiding overlap (at least if window width sufficient) is a good thing
  • Do we still need that footer? Particularly in game view, the footer causes a scrollbar for the page and sometimes I accidently scroll down.
  • I'd like to see comments more easily/directly on browse page (before redesign they were just there).
  • Browse page size thing is good - allows more pictures on screen.
  • On browse page clicking picture should lead to viewing a drawing page with comments, menu to download, continue and so on, or overlay such view as before.
  • Updated menu on viewing a drawing page is good :) feels way more organized
  • Green bars :D
  • Challenge overview misses # of entries
  • I like that its possible to comment on inspirations now
  • Yay for direct avatar upload
  • Ideas page loads slow and unreliably for me (likely websockets related)
"There are all kinds of interesting questions that come from a knowledge of science, which only adds to the excitement and mystery and awe of a flower."
Richard Feynman
0 online
Chat