You cannot reply to this discussion unless you log in.

Since I feel like I am the most muted person to ever grace sketchport I feel I am most qualified to offer some suggestions on how to make the process a bit smoother for everyone.

Letting people know when they have been muted would be nice. Just a short notification. Perhaps you could even include details such as why the person has been muted and how long for.

Setting up some more specific rules and guidelines for people to follow might also help people behave themselves a little better and also help them avoid getting their drawings removed or being muted for things they didn't know were unacceptable or inappropriate.

If anyone else would like to add some other suggestions or thoughts please feel free.

Misneach :

I dont think there is any expectation of redemption

Gibbermagash:

You can always try to send a message of forgiveness.
Honesty and sincerity of an apology helps. Along with a true intention to be a better online person are all plusses. I'm sorry to hear that many of you folks are still banned. I've gotten banned before usually for pushing things to far. Either asking for forgiveness or doing a forgiveness drawing definitely got me unmuted. Hope this helps.

Mouldy Sponge:

Yes, grovelling works wonders! Or if you're like me and refuse to lie about being sorry you can question the appropriateness of your ban in an irreverent manner that makes the dictator see the error in his judgement. If you take that route it helps to have other sketchport users with good reputations who are sympathetic to your plight who can petition (annoy the hell out of) Magicalhobo until he has no choice but to show his soft side and take you back into his life.

Shadow:

Banning is fun

Shelly ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ :

I shall try

Gibbermagash:

I would also say that trying to avoid dragging Hobo into drama is a good way to keep from being muted.

"Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable."
Carl Sagan
0 online
Chat